Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Fathers Day


Happy Fathers Day!
To all the Daddies out there I wish you a happy and fun filled day with the people you love.
Fathers are truly such a HUGE blessing. 

So grateful for the man God has placed in my own children's lives as their father.
Y'all he is nothing short of amazing.
He is a living, breathing, gift from God to us.
God has used him and his example of what a true father looks like, in action,
to demonstrate for me some of what God does for me as my Heavenly Father.

This day can be terribly painful for so many... I have walked through that too.
As a parent and as a daughter. 
My hearts breaks for you if that is the season you are in... 
Please know you aren't alone. He is there. He has your right hand.
Maybe your daddy isn't on this side of heaven this year,
Maybe your sweet baby was called home,
Maybe your relationship with your own father is less than perfect, or non-existent.

Sweet friend He knows... He has all those tears and all those pieces. 
He wants to mend them. 

Claim the promise from Isaiah 66:9, they aren't just words on a page, they are a promise:
"In the same way I will not cause pain without something new
to be born" says the Lord. "If I cause you the pain 
I will not stop you from giving birth to your new nation"

Y'all just look at that promise. He knows we're going to have pain, 
but He promises to bring forth something great! My God is a God who is faithful to His word. 
I have lived it and seen it too many times to credit it to anything else. 

Today on this Fathers Day I am so grateful for my own heartache that taught me who
my true Father is... it is that heartache that set me on a journey to love. 
If you are just waiting for the calendar to turn another page and leave this painful day in the past
please know you are in my prayers. I've have my own share of difficult Fathers Days...
I can assure you, He has so much for you... and whatever it is He is bigger. His love is stronger.
Maybe, just maybe, like me you want to explore what is means to know Him
not just as your Savior but as your Father. 


No comments:

Post a Comment